Strategic Marketing for Destination Marketing Organizations
This course focuses on taking a system approach and is designed to extend the users knowledge and experience in marketing to tourism and hospitality by first understanding the nature of competition within the tourism industry; second, by understanding the role of information technology; and third, by developing extensive analytic skills.
Learning outcomes from the course:
- Critically assess the relevance and applicability of new approaches to delivering meaningful tourism experiences
- Understand the basic tenets of the new service economy & the role of DMOs
- Describe the role of brands and the value of place and destination brands
- Identify how consumers experience brands in the context of their social environment, and regarding their existential self-expression
- Comprehend the key elements of an effective destination marketing strategy